News


24.11.08 | Brad Pitt To Produce Linda Trest Story


Written by admin 10:54 | More news on the same topic Brad Pitt, Paramount
Brad PittParamount has picked up the rights to the life story of crusading journalist Linda Trest - the Missouri-based journalist who tracked down and stopped a conman who was posing as a drugs cop.

Brad Pitt has teamed up with the writer of Troy, David Benioff, to develop the project through his production company Plan B.


20.11.08 | Steven Spielberg and Will Smith Remaking Oldboy?


Written by admin 10:48 | More news on the same topic Steven Spielberg, Will Smith, Oldboy
Oldboy (2003)DreamWorks is currently working to secure the remake rights to Chan-wook Park's 2003 film Oldboy. Steven Spielberg and Will Smith are in early discussions to collaborate on the remake, with Smith potentially starring and Spielberg potentially directing. They're currently searching for a screenwriter to begin developing the project while Spielberg finishes directing Tintin.

Oldboy centres on a man's mysterious kidnapping, 15-year imprisonment and feverish quest for revenge upon being released.

Oldboy (2003) trailer


17.11.08 | Aaron Eckhart in Battle: Los Angeles


Written by admin 10:40 | More news on the same topic Aaron Eckhart, Battle Los Angeles, Jonathan Liebesman
Having displayed his action skills on The Dark Knight, Aaron Eckhart is to star in a science-fiction tale, Battle: Los Angeles, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Eckhart will play a platoon leader with the Marines who encounter against an alien invasion in the streets of Los Angeles.

Jonathan Liebesman (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) will direct the Columbia Pictures project, which has yet to set a start date.

14.11.08 | HBO acquires rights to Obama documentary


Written by admin 10:28 | More news on the same topic HBO, Barack Obama, Edward Norton
HBO has closed a seven-figure deal for U.S. rights to an untitled Barack Obama documentary produced by actor Edward Norton.

Until Obama’s inauguration on Jan. 20th, filming will continue with a projected premiere sometime next spring, the network said Friday. HBO reportedly paid approximately $1 million to release the yet-to-be-titled film.

12.11.08 | Bond director Marc Forster in for "Die Bad"


Written by admin 10:22 | More news on the same topic Marc Forster, Die Bad
With his "Quantum of Solace" set to blow the doors off the U.S. boxoffice, Marc Forster has signed on for a new project.

The German-Swiss director, who previously helmed specialized fare like "Stranger than Fiction" and "Finding Neverland," has been attached to "Die Bad," a remake of a Korean action movie that has been set up at Universal.

More info:
IMDB.com

11.11.08 | Jack Black ready for Travels


Written by admin 10:17 | More news on the same topic Jack Black, Gullivers Travels, Rob Letterman
Jack Black is set to take the title role in Twentieth Century Fox's film adaptation of Gulliver's Travels.

Rob Letterman (Shark Tale, 2004) will direct the big-budget flick, a modern-day adaptation of the Jonathan Swift classic.

According to Variety, the story concerns one Lemuel Gulliver, a free-spirited travel writer who, on an assignment to the Bermuda Triangle, suddenly finds himself a giant among men when he washes ashore on the hidden island of Lilliput, home to a population of industrious, yet tiny, people.

More info:
IMDB.com

09.11.08 | Joaquin Phoenix Quits Acting: "I'm Done"


Written by admin 15:19 | More news on the same topic Joaquin Phoenix
Joaquin PhoenixJoaquin Phoenix has revealed he is quitting his acting in order to pursue a career in music.

The 34-year-old actor told Extra that his forthcoming film Two Lovers, with Gwyneth Paltrow, will be his last.

"I want to take this opportunity ... also to give you the exclusive and just talk a little bit about the fact that this will be my last performance as an actor," Phoenix said at a benefit in San Francisco to honour Paul Newman.

"I'm working on my music. I'm done. I've been through that."

Today, "Extra" contacted Phoenix's rep for clarification and got this response: "That is what he told me."

04.11.08 | Nolan 'unsure about Batman sequel'


Written by admin 15:12 | More news on the same topic Batman, Christopher Nolan, Sequel
Christopher NolanThe Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan has doubts over the next Batman movie - because the third film in the franchise may be too difficult to make.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, he was unsure if there could be another story that would keep him "emotionally invested" for the time it would take to make a sequel.

"On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: how many good third movies in a franchise can people name?" he said.

"At the same time, in taking on the second one, we had the challenge of trying to make a great second movie, and there haven't been too many of those either."